Monday, April 7, 2008

Scottish Mission Reunion

Chad and I just spent the weekend up in Salt Lake City to attend Chad's Mission Reunion. . . He went to Scotland and YES he LOVED IT.... But If any of you know Chad . . . You already knew that. I miss the funny accent he had when he came home It was so dang cute, but if he starts talking about Scotland at all . .. the accent comes out a bit.
Ok On to the weekend. We got there Thursday night and Sherri and Spencer picked us up and we went to this Yummy Brazillian restraunt in Trolley Square (forgive me for not knowing the name) It was so much fun to totally OD on yummy meats though. Lydia and Dan made the drive up to Sherri's house that night so the boys could have a fun game of Basketball while us girls hung out. A night that didn't end till the WEE early hours of the morning.
Friday morning I went out for a run. . . HOLY COW... I forgot to take into account that all my training has been here in AZ on the FLAT roads. . . Sherri lives in the mountains and I swear after getting lost I did so many dang hills my tush killed for a few days. But I LOVED the run . . . It was so beautiful and cool outside. Friday Night we headed down to the Reunion. . . It started with the Bagpipe Band . . . Which was so amazing. . . esp in the chapel which is something you don't hear every day. This Reunion is known to be the highest attended reunion in the church. . . We filled an entire stake center all the way back to the stage!! After the Pipes, a few Scottish Folk Songs and Speakers they broke off into rooms for all the different Mission Presidents. . . Chad Served under Pres. Swaney and Pres Williams (1993-95) It was fun to see a few of the ELDERS(and sisters) Chad Served with. I have heard so many stories over the years so to put a face with the name was GREAT. This was a GREAT NIGHT. and I Know Chad Loved Reconnecting with some of his old friends.
That night we drove back down to Provo to hang out with Lydia and Dan (of course Kaitlyn and Kenzie too!!) We stayed up again Talking till WAY early in the morning. and started Saturday morning off REALLY EARLY to prepare a FAB Breakfast to eat before the Saturday Session of Conf. Owen came over and so did StephaKNEE and her soon to be Fiance Nate . . . We PIGGED out on French Toast, Quiche, Muffins, etc. . . then watched conf. . . OK so maybe I fell asleep but who doesn't . . . Those voices are so soothing. and with so little sleep I justified it. :) That afternoon the boys went off to go watch a movie while us girls went off shopping. We had a fun time spending Lydia's money and getting lots of stuff to decorate her new house. The 3 girls (Lyd, Steph and I) had the 2 kids (Kaitlyn and Kenzie) and we squished WAY TO MUCH stuff in the car we could hardly move. It was quite commical I am sure if anyone saw this.

Saturday night Chad went with some of his old Mission Buddies to the Priesthood session at the Conference Center (Thanks Elder Frogly) Then afterwards we went to a UFC fight which was SO MUCH FUN . . . We Finally found a place that was open in SLC at 11PM and ate PF Changs and Hung out till 4 am with Sher and Spence and then had to wake up at 7:30AM to catch our flight Sunday Morning . . . All in all we had NO SLEEP but had a BLAST. Now that we are home hopefully we can catch up on some much needed rest. I so love my family and appreciate all that everyone did. It was great to get to the reunion and spend time with my family.

I hope everyone else had a fun weekend too...

BTW . . My kids all had a really fun weekend too. . . they all slept at friend's houses on Thursday Night . . Friday Night the boys had a party with Martin (Their Grandpa) and the girls had a party with Mican (sis in law) Then Mican had a party with them all on Sat night. They ate plenty of Panda's orange chicken, watched lots of movies had lots of popcorn and sweets and lots of fun. Thanks to everyone that helped me out.

6 comments:

Emily R said...

looks like you had some fun! i am jealous you got to go to UT! i didnt even watch conf... so you are better than me! ;)
miss you. i am proud of you for running so much. i ran 2.5 miles today and wanted to die. i am out of shape.... you motivate me.

Byron said...

Sounds like a blast! I am so jealous of your sister time, ok, and the good food and no kids, etc. So glad you had a great time.

The Farnsworth Family said...

How fun!! It looks like a blast. SO glad you guys got to go :)

hornes said...

I love you my Dawn! I love hangin' out with you! Lets do it more often! Mindy

Anonymous said...

Holy hell...Chad is fricken hot...my little man whore....oh and yours!!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I served under Mcconkie Then Swanney. I am trying to plan a reunion for August. I was wondering if you had heard. and if you were interested.