Thursday, September 18, 2008

Terrible Two's

Irelyn is totally in the Terrible Two's... All her FITS are driving me NUTS. The other day we were at the library for story time and as we were walking out the door she dropped to the floor and started screaming. I carried her out while she is arching and screaming like she lost a limb and tried to force her into her car seat. Well... She is definatly stonger than me. I couldn't pin her down long enough to buckle the strap. I decided since I had my camera I would take a picture (instead of smacking the crap out of her I thought that taking the picture and laughing at it later would be a much better alternative)

After at least 15 min I got her strapped her in.

She continued to scream for at least another 30 min. I was so proud of myself... for NOT loosing control... I video'd and took pictures any time I thought I'd go crazy. Screaming at the top of her lungs till she finally got it all out.
AAAHHHH...

Any tricks on how to deal with this?? my other 3 kids had fits but NOT LIKE THIS GIRL . . she is doing it ALL THE TIME and SO BAD. I am not going to be as calm every time she does this. so I NEED TO GET THIS TO STOP!!

4 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

Savanna is into screaming. When she does this I just scream back. She ends up thinking it is hilarious and starts laughing. I think you handled this beautifully. Remember whose in control!

Tiffany said...

Pray that this year will go by really fast!!!

Em said...

I know what works for me even though its really hard sometimes is to just ignore her fits. Don't say a word to her just take her out of that situation and eventually she'll get the hint that it doesn't do her any good to throw the tantrum cause she isn't getting what she wants... attention. Good luck.

Marci McLain said...

I wish I had advice for you, but I never figured it out very well. I tried to ignore it as much as I could. It is hard to do that when you are in public though! Hope she grows out of it really quickly.