Thursday, September 25, 2008

Just Dreaming!!!

Today I feel like I can't pull my head out of the clouds.. I keep thinking about all the wonderful times I have spent with my family over the years. One of the HAPPIEST places on earth for me is Hawaii... We have had the privilege of visiting there often (while my parent's lived there)There is nothing better than feeling the warm sand between your toes, listening to the gentle sound of the surf crashing on the shore and seeing the smiles on my children's faces as they feel the waves crash on their toes.

I love burrying my kids in the sand, jumping off clifs with the more daring ones, snorkeling and swimming with the sea turtles and looking at all the brightly colored fish again the pure excitement of my children as we are so close to the ocean life. I love digging the deepest hole on the beach, building sandcastles and just laying on the sand feeling the warmth of the sun feel as though it is embracing me.

Hawaii IS what my Heaven is. I love it there. I am wishing I were there right now. With NO worries, relaxing on Hukilau beach...
with the LOVES of my life...
MY FAMILYSummer 2003


Summer 2005Summer 2007

4 comments:

Emily R said...

ya, i would love to go to hawaii too... ahh the memories...

Laura Fuller said...

those pictures are beautiful!

susan g said...

Ha! Dawn! Almost made me want to go back there! No, I think really I'm starting to have a change of heart. Hawaii did have its purely "heavenly" moments. In my mind, I have to remember those times and not the endless mugginess, centipedes, rust, driving in circles, being so far away, etc. that made Hawaii not so heavenly to me. Your pictures are beautiful and remind me of beautiful Laie. I guess I wouldn't mind a visit. ;)!!
-susan.

Stacey said...

Love the family pictures. It's nice to have someplace wonderful to "have" to visit :> Those will be cherished memories for your kids. How's the running? How can you juggle school and waking up before 5 a.m.? The rains have come and my motivation is on the decline. I figure I'd better make a decision NOW as to whether I'm training through this winter or going into off-season mode!