Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sneaky Cooking

I got the cookbook Deceptively Delicious . . . It has been so much fun to be creative and use the veggie Puree's in my cooking. We have some NEW FAVORITES

Like the Aloha Chicken made with sweet potato, pineapple and flax seed.

These are English Muffin Pizza's with a spinach puree mixed in with the sauce
Home made Mac - N - Cheese with Butternut squash and Cauliflower
I made scalloped potatoes with cauliflower puree. and Zucchini spears


I LOVE trying to find new ways to use the puree's I have baggies made of every veggie in my freezer.

I did Slopy Joes with Carrot and Yellow Squash & Taco's with Carrot and Red Pepper
I even made the Spinach Brownies (they weren't to bad, come on the real chocolate stuff is MUCH BETTER)

Has anyone made anything else and loved it. Please pass along any other suggestions. I will share what I come up with.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I love to put zucchini in our eggs and carrot in spagetti. I have the same book, but I have not really tried many of her recipes, I just try to sneak it in stuff we already eat. You have better eaters at your house.

Unknown said...

I have this cookbook too and it is great. You're so good to actually do the purees like you're supposed to. I just throw in some of Sohpie's baby food 'cause I figure it's the same thing, right? It probably would be a little better if I did it the right way instead of the slacker way :)