Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Routine

OK so Thank you Susan for the suggestion of checking out FLYLADY.com I searched her website and I came up with a daily routine that I am going to try for a few weeks. I thought I would share it will all my fellow blog readers... so you can copy/paste and create your own.
I am pretty good at doing most of the stuff but I am totally LIST OBSESSED!!! so this is now printed off and on my FRIDGE.... YES ONE MORE PIECE OF CLUTTER for that DARN FRIDGE!!!

MORNING Routine
Hit the GYM - Pump or Cardio for at least 1 hour (Mon - Fri)
Make the bed (right away before doing ANYTHING ELSE)
Shower, Clean up and GET READY down to the shoes
Wipe down and Clean Master Bathroom before leaving the room
Take dirty clothes to the laundry and begin a load
Unload dishwasher (one of the children’s chores)
Feed the Family and of course don’t forget to eat yourself
Load dishes right away into the empty dishwasher
Don’t Forget Family Prayer & Goal Setting
(Mon – Fri) Send the kids out the door with a hug and kiss
What’s for Dinner??? Think about it NOW
Straighten up any messes left behind
Forward the Laundry
Sit down and relax for 30 minutes (check email & blog)
HOUR OF POWER
Monday – Vacuum, Dust, Sweep, Mop, Bathrooms
Tuesday – Vacuum, Sweep, GO TO LUNCH
Wednesday – Vacuum, Sweep, Clean Out Fridge, Plan Menu, Clean Desk
Thursday – Errands, Cleaners, Grocery Store, Gas Car,
Friday – Vacuum, Sweep, Write any Notes, Thank You’s, DATE NIGHT
Saturday – House Top to Bottom with Kids Help, FAMILY DAY
Sunday – Church, Relax
Relax till kids get home from school
Homework
Kids Chores
Scouts, Music, Dance, Sports, Etc…
Feed the Family Dinner – Sit together around the table
Did we accomplish the goals we set?
Best and Worst part of Day
Discuss upcoming weekly activities
Make sure kids have the “Tickets” they earned for the day.
Family Prayer & Read Scriptures
Put kids in bed with a hug and a kiss


BEFORE Bed
Straighten House
Clean misc. toys, clothes, Start Dishwasher.
So you can start a new day with a CLEAN house.
Check the Calendar (just to see what is on the LIST for tomorrow)
Get Ready for BED (not that you have to go to bed yet) but now it is time to RELAX, watch TV, write in journal, read a book, snuggle

8 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you liked flylady! Looks like you are ready to go. I've got my routines all typed up, too - now, I just have to get off my duff and do them :)

Emily R said...

WOW. i dont know if i could pull all that off. i am not even together enough to look at a list right in front of my face!!! (i'll leave all those chores for the fairy)

Jennifer said...

Looks great Dawn. I love the fly lady too. My favorite thing that we implement is having a sparkling cleaned out kitchen sink every night! Somehow it helps make the rest of the house feel semi clean, even when it isn't.

Sarah Hawkins said...

I enjoy a good list, well I am kinda pathetic, if I do something that is not on my list , I write it down so that I can cross it off. Nice routine! I need one!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I LOVE flylady. Seriously Dawn only you could pull all of this off. You are one amazing chica. I am glad to have this list to try to live up to :) Okay I will be happy if I can even live half of it...Love ya!

Kristen said...

This list is unreal. Are you serious?
holy cow!
I'm lucky if I get to shower and brush my teeth every day. I feel like the majority of my day is spent feeding and changing and saying, "Stop whining and use your words... I can't understand you when you whine!"

Mike and Shannon said...

I read your blog and got inspired. I have been trying so hard the past 2 weeks! Thank you for the great link and I hope I can keep it up. I tend to crash and burn after a month :)

Toni said...

love this dawn! I may just have to try out this little baby! but with three under three... the mess is right back literally two seconds after I was just there... we'll see. Wish me luck!!!