Friday, October 19, 2007

I am tryin to Catch Up!!

Ok so since I have come home from Hawaii.. I really have struggled to get back into LIFE here... I havent beeen able to get on top of my cleaning (the routine is helping a TON) but still!!! I have slacked in doing my Laundry, my paperwork, my house seriously feels like it is falling apart. My garage is full of a ton of S#@! and I so badly need to dust and clean baseboards etc... but seriously...
I JUST WANT TO KEEP GOING ON VACATION!!!
We just got home from Vegas this weekend. We had a FREAKING BLAST!!!
I was so lucky to have my mom come out from Hawaii to watch my kids while we went.... She is the BEST EVER!!! She was so worried that I would care that she didnt get a HUGE PROJECT done (usually we repaint, have a garage sale, DEEP clean a few rooms, etc) but she did MUCH MUCH more than a project like that.... she was the BEST grandma EVER to my kids. She totally Helped Ashlyn with her READING, she took the kids to Bass Pro Shop, Amazing Jakes, got them all ready and to church at 8:30 in the morning, got them all off to school did all the laundry, changed MANY poopie diapers and LOVED my kids to death the whole time she was out here... I think MY MOM is the best ever!!! I WISH I could spend more time with her... I am really looking forward to her moving back to "the mainland" in January!!! Texas ISN'T that far away.
I am kind of scatter brained right now..It IS late... but I just had to post so people know I AM ALIVE!!!

8 comments:

Emily R said...

glad you FINALLY posted again. haha i get mom close by me!!! ;)
you will just have to move to texas. glad you had fun in vegas... i always feel like it takes a week to recover from vacations. you will have your house caught up in no time - knowing you it already is!! waiting for pics of your kiddos... my kids miss them

Jennifer said...

I was beginning to wonder if you had given up on blogging :) Glad you're back. I missed you. Your mom is an awesome grandma and I'm sure you kids loved every minute of having her there. I too am soooo excited for her to be back on the mainland. Hopefully we can all get together more often!

Lydia said...

I'm glad you updated, I was getting sick of "Chocolate Rain" I thought it was funny when mom told me she felt bad not "doing" anything...I just told her to break something then it would be like any other time she was there. I'm excited to have her come to my house when I have my baby to see what kind of projects we get done.

I'm too am so happy mom will be back on the mainland...but we sure will miss going to visit.

Glad you're still alive and blogging!

Sarah Mickalson said...

I wish I had a mother like that! My mom has never watched my kids!

Natalie Hall said...

Dawn Pam and I were just going off on how amazing you are and talented!!! Loved, Loved the invitations for Thursday's Achievement Day Night. Thankyou so much for doing that. Gosh, I hope you relize what talent you have. we sure are lucky to have you in our ward. Always thinking of others, that is just you.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Thanks for the shout out Dawn. You know we love you a million too! I am glad you updated your blog. I love your mom too! She really is amazing :)

Marianne said...

Hey girl. Don't feel bad that we didn't get to see you guys. Do you know how many times we've been to Utah and never called a single friend, and sometimes even famiy. I know how it is girl don't you worry. I'm so glad you were able to get away and have a great time. I would've loved to see you but we also had 4 other couples (families) in time that same weekend who ALL stayed at our house on different nights from thursday to sunday. We were joking that i should make a bed and breakfast sign for our door. I think the apple didn't fall to far from the tree with your mom. You are sooo amazing and talented and loving just like her. You are very lucky! miss ya girl.

Anonymous said...

i know- you need a vacation to get ready for vacation and another one to reacclimate to LIFE. Nothing yanks me back to reality like holding the mail in my hand where I know there are bills when I get back. We are going to Boston for a long weekend in two weeks and I can't wait!
Alyssa