Monday, June 4, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp

So this past weekend was a lot of fun. I was able to go to Day Camp with Lochlin and his Cub Scout Pack. It was so cute to see the boys. We built rockets, learned about tractors, tried on army, built a tool box, made up a play, and did a water obsticle course. Yes i am about to admit to being a total boob but if you know me you know i am already. There was an opening song and it was so touching because all the cubs in our stake (about 85) stood and sang the song "We Are as the Army Heleman" Just thinking about it makes me tear up. It was so amazing to be standing among these Young boys and to think about where they are going to be in 10 or 20 or so years. Serving Missions, our Next Bishop, I did a lesson in Primary for Sharing Time and That was something we discussed... I told the children to look around and the teachers to look at their class..... Do you see future Missionaries, a Bishop, or maybe even thr Prophet in our Primary. I love working with the children in our ward. It is so amazing what they know, and how strong they are. I pray that the youth will be able to be strong in these trying times and be able to set a good example for those around them. I look at Cub Scouts as such a Wonderful experience for these Young boys and hope they get the skills and confidence to be Strong Young MEN.



2 comments:

Emily R said...

you are so cute dawn... cheesy... yes, but so sweet and SO perfect for primary!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I love it Dawn. You are so cute! I love thinking about some of the same things in primary as we are trying to teach these sweet kids the gospel. SO glad it was a great experience. Our camp is this week and I hope the boys have as much fun. Maybe I will post some picture too.