Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Airport Adventure...

well... the worst part of this adventure was DEFINATELY waking up at 3:30 in the morning to head off to the airport. BUT... we did it... we got to the airport everything went smoothly... I could even keep all the lunchables my kids decided to pack for snacks. PHEW... I was worried with that no liquid thing. So we start off by going to SLC... Kinda wierd to head NORTH to go to Hawaii.... but that was the way of our flight. Everything went smooth.. UNLIKE my sister EMILY's adventure. No Puking, No Stripping, just smooth sailing. until the last 30 min. when Irelyn decided to scream uncontrolably. I am sure her ears were hurting. But It wasnt so bad. We Land. And all the kids say. " I wish this was Hawaii!!" Man.. so do I... Could you imagine an hour flight??? WONDERFUL!!! So a nice girl named Erica who was on the same flight as me and on her way to Hawaii as well decided to join me and the kids for a stroll through the airport to waste some of the time on our 4 hour layover. UUUGGGHHH... we strolled... and my kids found a japaneese place that made stuff that looked like Panda's Orange Chicken.. Well Even with the lunchables I was suckered into getting that... the kids were so good and It did Smell good. so we ate. Loch shoved as much chicken in his face as he could and then we headed off to WAIT and Wait and Wait and Wait and Wait (oh i was singing that song Pioneer children sang as they walked.. with all those wait's) As we got on the flight to Hawaii... I pulled out the chewable Benadryl... I gave one to each of the kids telling them this medicine will help you sleep and will make the flight go faster. They were excited to gobble them up.. SO WAS I!! within Minutes and before we even took off all three big kids were asleep. IT was nice. so I was left to wrestle Irelyn who was SOOOOO tired... but to squirmy to sleep. she wiggled and wobbled and wiggled and squirmed aaahhhh.. 4 1/2 hrs into it I decided she can eat one of those chewable benadryl's too. I shove it in her and FINALLY.. i get her to sleep just in time for the kids to all wake up.. SO i start yelling... If you wake her up I will be sooo Mad!!! How mean is that. SHe is on the floor under their feet. so the fighting begins.. Lochlin likes to push Braeden and Ashlyn's buttons till they snap and then tries to blame them for the fight.. I watch and glare at them all... and after only a few comments on how i need to treat myself to a large drink after we land. ha ha I am mormon and drink to me means WATER!!! so we make it... after a LONG LONG flight... Phew, no barfing, no pee pee accidents, only a few fights and 1 really squirmy baby.
Grandma greated us with a lei and we are off for the 45 minute drive around the Island. This is the day that never ends... traveling from 3 am till 8 pm (my time) with 4 kids.
so WE ARE off to the Beach..
Loch and Brae were so excited to jump in with their boogie boards. Ashlyn loved to play in the waves and Irelyn.. her first expirence in the sand. She LOVED it!! she kept clenching the sand in her toes and digging with her feet... It was adorable. once she decided to eat it. I took her in to wash her off.. It was getting really cold at the beach so we all went home. showered off and ate dinner.. I was so excited to HIT the Bed!!
Our Day that wouldnt end.. finally did... so here we are.. ready for day 2 of our Hawaiian Adventure.

7 comments:

Natalie Hall said...

How dang fun that you get to be in Hawaii that long. I am so excited you get to see your mom and sisters, so jelous! I give you fifty thumbs up for flying all by yourself with the kids. I would be so stressed, you are wonder woman that is for sure. Have a great time and be thinking of all of us in HELL. Hopefully the heat will come and go quickly. You guys will be missed. And be safe, I dont want any surfing accidents or shark attacks come back in all one piece.

Jennifer said...

Glad you made it. What an adventure! It will soon be a memory fading into the past as your enjoy all 6 weeks!!! Now that is the way to do Hawaii. Have fun!

The Farnsworth Family said...

So glad you are there safe. I am glad you flight went smooth. I hope you guys are having so much fun and staying up way to late to sing and play games. Love ya!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Allen's ... Staying up late... maybe after the jet lag leaves us.. but we are all dead by 9 PM.. talk about loosers... we are up at 5 AM and ready to hit the beach early in the Morning though..

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn!
It's Shalae Hunt from the ward. I found your blog through my sister Alisse's and just wanted you to know how jealous I am of you right now. Have fun!

Selia said...

All I can say is WOW! You are amazing! I hope you have tons of fun in Hawaii, you certainly deserve it.

Heather said...

okay - so my husband came home the other day and said, "Why don't YOU go away for a month with OUR kids?"--"Chad's wife is doing it".............. What are you startin' here, Dawn? Now he thinks this is normal! I tried to tell him that your wonder woman and all, but he still thinks I should be able to handle my TWO kids for a month! ;)