Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer in Hawaii - Week 1

OK so I have been really bad at updating the BLOG. Our first several days has been wonderful... It is so nice to be able to cross the street and be at the Ocean.
SO... enjoy the slide show.. I didnt know how else to share so many pictures. YES... you should all be jealous.. I am in Hawaii with my sisters and we are having a blast....




Hukilau is our FAVORITE BEACH. The boys love to boogie board and body surf there. . . They are really good at catching the waves. Ashlyn LOVES to play in the sand or in the waves. Irelyn LOVES to grab the sand and LOVES it when I take her in the water and jump over the waves, it is so cute because she totally starts giggling and splashing around when we jump up. Today the waves got really big and I had to actually dive through a wave while I had her out there. So this morning we went snorkeling at Sharks Cove. Oh My Goodness..... It seriously is like swimming in a fish tank... Loch and Brae kept pointing out the fish from Nemo "Mom, Look that's Gil !!! " It was cute. It was freaky because the fish are SO BIG and they are right in your face. I get the chills thinking about it because I would hate to touch a fish. GROSS... I hate to touch the bottom of the Ocean floor too. YUCK. So as I am floating out to start the snorkeling adventure Loch and Brae totally JUMP on top of me pushing me under covering my snorkel with water choking me and I almost touched the bottom of the rocky, coralish floor. I SCREAM... Which totally FREAKS them out.. Making them jump harder and squirm more.. I AM TOTALLY DROWNING... Ok that is what I get for screaming for getting to close to fish and being a total wimp. Ashlyn is the total diva of the house. Lydia calls her Paris Hilton... because she likes to pose for all the pictures. She is quite the little socialite too.. she has friends all up and down my parents street and by 6:30 in the morning is ready to go out and start playing with Anika or any of the other cute girls.. All the kids are loving to jump on the trampoline that has been a HUGE hit here. I just hope grandma and grandpa's house makes it through in one piece with the 8 kids trampling in and out and slamming doors and stuff all day long.

Aloha for now!!!

2 comments:

The Farnsworth Family said...

Wow! This looks like some serious fun. You guys all look beautiful basking on the beach (Steph wins for the tannest, but you come in close second). Tell Steph I remember only glimpses of similar boobs I used to have :) he he! The kids look like they are having so much fun! So glad you shared all the pics.

Jennifer said...

Great slide show Dawn. What fun! Hawaii gives Disneyland some serious run for their money!! In fact Hawaii wins hands down in my book.