Friday, August 15, 2008

Bad Dreams!!!

I hate it when I have awful dreams. . . Dreams that are so real, and so vivid.
I just woke up and I honestly can't even imagine closing my eyes again till the things I just saw in my dream get out of my head.....

The setting of my dream was in our suburban, Chad is driving, I am in the passenger seat and it is full of other couples (we are about to go on a group date to F1 Speedway) It is raining and for some reason the 60 Freeway is covered in ice and slush (ok so parts of it aren't real, I know there would NEVER be ice on the 60) well about 3 cars in front of us we see a white truck swerve out of control from the ice and flip on its side and do a fish tail till it hits the railing... I ask Chad to pull over. He insists that he is a good driver and will get us safely to our destination. . . we continue driving. Chad safely gets us over several icy patches on the freeway while lots of other cars are going off the road and wrecking. I have now asked Chad several times to either pull over or to at least get off the freeway and drive on main roads to get us to our destination. (I am obviously the only one in the car with an opinion about this because the other adults dont say anything, but they are talking about how crazy the ice is and how crazy it is to see all the cars go out of control) He tells me it is just a few more exits and he has gotten us this far. So we are approaching a part on the freeway where we go under a bridge. . (right about 7th Ave in Phx, ok I know this is to far for F1 Speedway but there have to be a few details that make this a dream RIGHT)

We approach slowly, there are lots of FireMen, Police and Doctors standing in rain gear as we enter. PHEW under the bridge is dry but it is where the worst part of my dream is. We start driving through and all the injured people are on the sides using the bridge as their ER ROOM. There are TONS of people, some covered with sheets because they are dead, some screaming becasue they are missing limbs. I see such VIVID clear detail of these injuries, the blood, the screams. Why did the Police let us through? Right as we approach the end of the dry underpass... More FireMen, Police and Doctors are there to guide our car back into the dangerous icy Freeway. But THANK GOODNESS I woke up.

I am sure your thinking NICE... First of all ..... STUPID DREAM... I am sure somewhere out there this dream could be analized and would MEAN SOMETHING.... What kind of DORK actally writes out their dream on their BLOG (esp when I have had NO TIME to blog about all the Important things going on in our life... That will come I guess I am dreading it because I know it will be a long post.. Lots of pictures to uplod, etc) But I had to be the DORK that writes it so I can find out if other people have PSYCHO crazy dreams like this or if I just ate something wrong last night before I went to bed (like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Malt that was quite heavenly!)

2 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

I used to have a dream analysis book; it probably just means you feel out of control in your life?! I hate dreams like this where they seem super scary as your dreaming it and then later when you explain it to someone it seems silly. Sweet dreams tonight! Oh, Cade's in town after all this weekend. what time are you running tomorrow?

Lydia said...

WEIRDO! ha ha jk. I usually can't sleep when I have gross images from csi or thoughts of someone hurting my children floating around in my head.