Monday, July 28, 2008

Looking Back on the Years

I got an email from my mom, Wishing me a Happy Birthday and wanting me to remember the Good Ole Days... I started Cracking up... Seriously, Mom, Why did you let me out of the house somedays... ok fine... I probably looked hidious most days. Chad, I am so glad you didn't know me when I was younger.

I was a Cute Baby, I can't believe how YOUNG my dad is... He looks 12!!! Cher, I think you totally look like Sarah.

At Pioneer Park with Great Grandma Lydia, Mom said I LOVED to swing. Mom, thanks for at least having the TUB of WIPES.. I hope you wiped my hands down before I ate ... I can only imagine the germs I picked up as a kid, playing at Pioneer Park..

Ahh... Licking the bowl after mom made chocolate cake. I am sure I was in heaven.

3 Perfect Angles!!! If mom and dad only knew what CRAZY TEENAGERS we'd become.. At least we were sweet innocent children!! I got this cool Tape Player for my Birthday. I thought I was so cool... I also got the Tape of Michael Jackson's Thriller. I remember walking up and down the street in Texas rocking out to Thriller, Billie Jean, and Beat it.

Salt Brook Elementry Talent Show... I danced with some friends to the song RAGTIME. Cool Hat and Suspenders..
Yes, Jennifer Garner playing Jenna Rink, in 13 going on 30 borrowed this Beautiful Heart Sweater... Check out the movie for Proof.. oh and Agan... This was on my Birthday, I got the coolest Jump Rope.. It counted how many times in a row I would Jump.
Why Am I dressed up as a Flapper, I dont know.. Probably Halloween, or another Talent Show.
Beautiful Dress I think Kathy Tonga Made this for me when I graduated from Primary. Nothing cuter than the Orange, Teal combo!!!

I know I will get HECK for this picture.. NO ... I will NOT be letting ANYONE borrow this splatter paint spandex outfit... I can however share some of my frizzy High Bangs hairstyle techniques.
This is Me... I must have attempted to do my hair in the DARK... and NO I am not standing in a rose garden.. I thought I looked beautiful dressed from head to toe in the most obnoxious flower print.

And Last Year, For My 30th Birthday, Looking quite chubby, Chad took me out to Cheesecake Factory. I was happy I had already lost like 10 or so lbs. Thank goodness I kept going... I just got measured at the gym last week. I have lost over 28 inches and 50 lbs. . .
So Today I wake up . . . I am now 31 Years Old. . . I am SO MUCH happier because of all the things I have accomplished over the past year. I am so grateful to have such a supportive husband, who not only has LOVED me through some of the UGLIEST FATTEST years, but has LOVED, SUPPORTED and ENCOURAGED me to become a better person.
I love you Chad.
Thanks for making my Bday so wonderful.

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

K that is hilarious!! i don't know if I dare do that- but I should- You are a brave soul! And you look fabulous. It's funny because you look back at pictures and freak out about what you look like-- but you have such a great personality- I don't think anyone noticed that's how you looked! You look fabulous! Thakns for being my gym buddy and running partner!! Happy Birthday to you! What a year!

Allison said...

You look so great, it is fun seeing old pics of family... especially ones I married into. Did you check out Kris and Meela on her blog?

Lydia said...

I knew that sweater looked familiar when I saw that movie!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Dawn. Love the trip down Memory Lane - so, so funny. Hope your day is lots of fun!

the Hornes said...

Oh my gosh! You made my day with your b-day blog! Who would have thought my victoria secret model looked sooo HOT younger! I miss you! Happy b-day! Mindy

Katie said...

Hey girl! You look fabulous! Not just now, but then too! I'm sorry I was such a lame friend and didn't remember your birthday. Happy 31st! You are an incredible friend. Hope it was awesome.

Jennifer said...

those were too classic! I love all the pictures. You look like a million bucks girl!

Yolanda said...

Hey Dawn!
I'm glad you found my blog and said hello! Whenever I do Shanna's hair we bring you up. I'm so glad to see you're doing so well and lookin so fine! Wow, good for you, that's so awesome you accomplished so many of your goals recently! And yes your whole family looks fabulous, it's great to see what your littlest looks like. Keep in touch and Happy Birthday...late. :)

Emily R said...

1. WAY impressed. i cant believe how far you have come in just 1 year... comparing those 2 birthday pics is really AMAZING! YOU ROCK!

2. i love all those awesome pics you posted. for as bad as you think you look, just look next to you and see me - completely disheveled! at least you were always neat and tidy. then, the FUNKY town costume... ya that ROCKED... and i got all your hand-me-downs and thought i looked beautiful in all of them (esp the rose dress)... we were ALL class! as for the flapper outfit, i think that was just mom's costume on hand... cause someone was ALWAYS a flapper! what fun memories!!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! That was hilarious. The 80's were definitely not kind to anyone. I'm pretty sure I had that spandex outfit myself. I miss serving with you in Primary but I'm so glad we're still good friends. You look beautiful in your family pics. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great one. We'll have to do something when I get back.

GregHansenfam said...

I love all the pictures! It was great to see the pics of you younger too (I still remember you that way). By the way ...you look so beautiful in your last pic of you and Chad! You have conquered great accomplishments!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! You have come quite a long way since your mom had us all go out to breakfast in our jammies!

Afton said...

Ha! Great minds think alike! I love that you posted all those younger year photos. I totally dig the headphones and flower dress. (I think I had one just like it.) And BTW, you look FABULOUS! Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Becks Blog said...

DAWN!!!! How cute! This is how I remember you! Man! you were a menace, but soooo fun and beautiful! :)

KathyDeon said...

Ahem...this is Kathy Tonga Barny...and I thought that orange/teal combo was just great at the time. Sheesh...what was I thinking? How are you? You look so beautiful, Dawn. Just like you always did.