Thursday, September 6, 2007

This was FUN!!!

Got this from Emily's blog:

My roommate and I once: played dressups in silky pj's and took pictures.. We were trying to capture what it looked like when we were sleeping.. Turns out we just look like fools... Dont worry the pictures will NEVER surface!!

Never in my life have I: been happy with my weight

High School was : luckily a long time ago and has lots of good memories.

When I am nervous: shake my legs or pick at my arms

My Hair: Long, thick & curly (unless i take the time to streighten it) oh and I have random kinki crazy hairs that I pick out and ok I will admit I have a few gray hairs (but Chad always seems to find those and yank them out)

When I was 5 : I was in trouble because Cherry wrote my name in crayon on the floor under the kitchen table and my mom thought it was me so I got spanked and finally my parents realized I couldnt write that neatly and I HOPE felt really bad

When I turn my head left : I see a picture of Chad and I from our wedding day... yes it is one that gives me goose bumps when I look at it. I LOVE MY HUBBY!!

I should be : Nicer, More Patient, Thinner, Happier, More Organized, Ummm... can I stop now I am getting depressed!!

By this time next year : I hope to be in a different house. We are totally outgrowing this one. But I hope my life is just as good. I really am happy!!!

My favorite Aunt is : I agree with Emo.. Is that even allowed in writing... I love ALL my Aunts.. I definatly am closer to some more than others... but I HAVE an AWESOME EXTENDED FAMILY

I have a hard time understanding : lots of things... I am afraid to admit all of them for fear EVERYONE will think I am totally DUMB!!!

My ideal breakfast is : served to me, and I can eat SEATED instead of standing up. I would have my husband on one side of me and be able to look at our 4 beautiful children all eating happily and not making a mess, then the dishes would clear themselves and load themselves into the dishwasher and someone elses hand would wipe up the table and put everything back in order. Oh... I could care less what it is... I am not a big breakfast eater. Maybe a protein shake or some grapefruit and granola.

If you visit my home town : You'd probably be sweating like crazy so I'd hope you'd stop by and say hi and visit for a while in my nice Air Conditioned house!!! I could make you some cookies or bananna bread if you want!!

If you spend the night at my house : You would stay up really late with Chad and I and laugh till your sides hurt. We'd all probabally fall asleep on the couch (which is totally the most comfortable couch EVER) and then you'd be woken up at 7 AM to my children helping themselves to cereal and waffles.... and probably fighting over who gets to help Irelyn.

I shouldn't have been : so grumpy today. I was up late last night and woke up early this morning for church, then had Primary meetings all afternoon and when I got home I was kinda grumpy to Chad. I know he was watching the kids and I snapped at him that there were dishes on the counters and a few toys on the floor.. I mean.. Who cares.. He watched the kids for 4 hours... they were all happy and having fun. and I was a total jerk.. I am grateful for my hubby and all he does for our family (he sent me back to the room to read NEW MOON and take a nap) but I got online and blog surfed instead...

Last night I: made the most delicious salad; I put chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1 cup salsa, 1 cup water and a pkt of taco seasoning... then shreaded it and put it on a salad with grilled corn, black beans, tomatoes, onions, cheese, guacamole, salsa and a homemade cilantro ranch dressing... YUMMMMMYYY!!! it was seriously so delicious... Thanks Marci McLain for the Chicken Recipie and Phanelb for the Ranch Recipie. Oh Chad had some people over to watch the UFC fight on SPIKE I worked on the computer doing some primary stuff and ended up being up WAY WAY to late... That is why I was kinda a grump today!!

A better name for me would be : MOM, Shmoopy, Dirty Dawn???

I've been told I look: Exotic and like I have bedroom eyes

5 comments:

Heather said...

I need that recipe for the cilantro ranch! That sounds sooo yummy!...This looks like fun..I hope you don't care if I steal the idea for my blog!

Emily R said...

love it!!! you make me laugh! i miss you!!! i am with you on having someone ELSE serve breakfast and clean it up... but that is me on every meal ;)

Jennifer said...

That was great. Can't wait to try the salad. Hey my site is ready and I've got a little side blog up called the "Treat Tree" That is where I'll post my photo tips but I also want it to include other stuff too. You need to be my Receipe go to girl contributor. How about it? I'll post later today with the info for everything. love ya! p.s. chad is great a hubby ;)

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Chad IS a great hubby... Jen, I am stoked about your "Treat Tree" Cant wait for the tips and I am totally down for being the Recepie girl!!

Café Rio Ranch Dressing
From Stephanie Farnsworth

3 tomatillos - remove husks, wash, cut in quarters & put under broiler until soft (about 7 min)

1 pkg. Ranch buttermilk salad dressing mix

1 c. mayonnaise (or half mayo & half sour cream)

1/3 c. fresh buttermilk

1 c. packed cilantro leaves - minced

1 clove garlic - minced

Combine all ingredients in blender. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.


so i added some fresh parsley and the juice from 1 lime too... SO
YUMMY!!! I hope you enjoy!!

Marianne said...

so , dirty dawn, what are BEDROOM eyes. Just wondering :) i loved the one with the dream breakfast. so true and funny. :)