Thursday, September 27, 2007

Katchup

I feel like I havent BLOGGED in the longest time. . . I dont know where I have been or what I have been doing that has stopped me from posting... NOT that I have anything NEW and EXCITING to talk about.. Life is going along just like usual... This week was early release for Ashlyn (Parent-Teacher Conferences) Ashlyn is doing GREAT at Franklin South. She was already good with recognizing and knowing how to write all her Letters... HOLY COW though.. Franklin teaches such great handwritting skills... I AM LOVING IT... she as a Kindergardner has better handwritting than my boys... ok so she is a girl and that has something to do with it.. but. She is such a cutie. I am loving the time we share every afternoon doing homework and hanging out going to lunch or wathcing movies.
Braeden.... What a cutie... I SERIOUSLY LOVE the DIMPLES... and his BIG EYES.. He is such a good helper with Irelyn. He is always RIGHT THERE to play with her, help feed her, get her out of bed, etc... OK so yes sometimes... it gets a little annoying to have him so helpful... but I am so glad I can see so much of Chad in him.. and I KNOW he will be a great dad. Brae is doing so well in school. He reads and is so good at math, and such a good student. We just have to work on his handwritting a little bit... OK one more time.. . those DIMPLES are KILLER...
Lochlin... Such a STUD... He is doing really well in school... He loves Cub Scouts (thanks to the FABULOUS leaders) and he is quite the social bug... I love that he is so FRIENDLY to people. He is so sweet and innocent still... I dont know how much longer I will hear from my boys about Kids at school sticking up their middle finger, or using 'cus words... I laugh sometimes because I think about my boys growing up and telling me these things when they are 16... I just hope they aren't EVER the ones doing these naughty things.. and I HOPE that isnt just wishfull thinking.
Loch is a good big brother too.. He likes to help with Irelyn. Actually Most fights between Loch and Brae are over who gets to hold or help Irelyn with things. Loch is so cute because he likes to take his homework and go sit in a corner in his bedroom at the foot of his bed to do it. He likes to be alone and likes to be in QUIET places.
Irelyn... Walking everywhere... getting into EVERYTHING... and starting to have such the PERSONALITY... Her smile and Laugh are contagious. I love to watch her DANCE to music or TV shows. I love to see her interact with her brothers and sister. She loves to carry around all the remotes and phones and LOVES to look at herself in the mirror (the little vanity mirror of Ashlyn's is the perfect height for her) She is becoming such a GIRLY Girl... I can't believe how fast she is growing up. It makes me sad to think that OUR FAMILY wont be having anymore BABIES... Yes.. we are DONE... but I am so glad I can enjoy the 4 beautiful, sweet children I have.
I LOVE my HOT, SWEET, SEXY, Hubby.. Seriously... He is looking even better as the years go on.. Oh, how I love him and all he does for me and OUR family... He is so amazing. I LOVE that he puts the kids to bed every night with a "Scary Story" I love that he helps me with things around the house... I LOVE that he has been able to work from home more often so I can see him every once in a while during the day. I seriously LUCKED out snagging such an AWESOME guy!!!

OK as for me and my ISSUES... I have This COUNTER in my kitchen.. NO MATTER WHAT... I cant keep in clean... I will buy anything or do whatever I need to... I NEED SUGGESTIONS.. on how to maintain the chaos of papers, pens, keys, receipts, etc... This is actually on a good day... I HATE this counter IT COLLECTS EVERYTHING... oh.. that and the DARN FRIDGE... How do others display artwork, party invites, school notices, calendars, and chore charts. again.. HELP if you have any suggestions... I have dreams of a clean fridge with NOTHING on it and a counter that is clutter free... I am not talking just moving the clutter to another counter... I NEED ways to ELEMINATE IT from collecting...

8 comments:

Lydia said...

your kids are so sweet, i miss them and wish we lived closer so you could share some of your kids' help. I hope Kaitlyn grows up to be a good helper like your kids. As for the clutter my solution would be to get on the show Mission Organization. I like to be organized but have no clue how to do it so good luck!

Susan said...

Have you ever heard of the FlyLady? She has a great system for cleaning/organizing, and some specific instructions on what she calls "Hot Spots." Those are those corners where everything seems to collect. She has a book - you can borrow it from me if you want and a website www.flylady.com. She's awesome, and if I followed her advice, I wouldn't have corners like this either! But, alas...her site has some great info, though.

Emily R said...

dawn,
your kids are so sweet and adorable, and i am glad you love your husband.... ;)

as for your clutter... i will just tell you that you are already pretty organized. if you want to get rid of all the artwork/invitations on your fridge, wait till your kids grow up - then you will want that clutter again.

i think we all have a spot like you - where else are you going to put your purse? or your pens? if you want to get rid of it, maybe replace that chair in your fam room with a big huge tall cabinet to trap all your crap - but i would just say - it is FINE! it is just a sign that your house is a home that is lived in and loved.

Alisse Baldwin said...

In my old place, I put a big cork board in my laundry room, and that helped make it look not so cluttered in the kitchen (I'd put pictures from my primary kids, nieces, and nephews there). As for my new house, EVERY counter is always JUNKY! I finally bought a bill organizer from Target- nothing fancy like it sounds, just a divider. As soon as a bill comes in the mail, I schedule it on my online Bill Pay and mark which day it will come out of my account and place it in the divider.

Ok, wow, that sounds like I think I am organized... but if you saw my house, you'd see that's NOT the case! Plus, I don't even have kiddos! But maybe those ideas will give you an idea?...

Chunky Monkey said...

Awww!I need to visit.i miss you guys.Your kids are growing up so fast but so is mine!It is so good to hear about your family.

Chunky Monkey said...

Oh and I just throw everything away.Or into tupperware bins so I can organize it later in life(laugh)

Jennifer said...

That was a great update. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. Like everyone else I wish we lived closer. The funny thing is I have the same counter in my kitchen!! Ahh, I feel the same way sometimes. Even after I clear it off and organize somehow things find their way back to it like a moth to a FLAME!!

The Farnsworth Family said...

I LOVED this update. It was like making a trip to your house and catching up on all of your darling kids and fam. I seriously love your family so much and am so happy you are my "sis" :) I am so happy you and chad are so happy and that your kids are seriously the freaking cutest (well i guess our kids are equal :)). Love ya