Monday, August 13, 2007

It's Been a While!!!!

Ok so life has begun to calm down from our BUSY summer..... Our family has had such a fun time going from Hawaii, to AZ and to Utah..... but I have had many complaints (mainly from my sisters) that I need to get back into blogging... Ok I am sitting down and doing it... So we went up to Utah the last week of July for a ALLEN FAMILY REUNION.... It was so much fun to reconnect with all the extended memebers of the crazy Allen Fam... and It was SO MUCH fun to all be able to stay at Sherri and Spencer's home... THANKS a MILLION!!! We did so many fun things from going to the Lagoon, Horse back riding, and singing around the piano (thanks Derek for being our pianist), the girls (ok we are moms not girls anymore) but we would stay up late playing silly cup games around the island in the kitchen and the boys (dads) would play late night basketball... The Kids all had a blast going into the secret rooms and riding the elevator between the floors of the house. Little Spencer and My boys were always together and Ashlyn and Sabrina... WERE INSEPERABLE!!! This reunion was FABULOUS!!! Cant wait for the next one!!! Well we headed back to AZ to meet up with Little Steph and her friend Jeff visiting from California... It was fun to hang out with them.. then Steph and Dave were able to hang out with us while they were in town for Dave's brothers wedding. . . So that has been the past two weeks...



Saturday was Irelyn's 1st Bday . . . i cant believe how fast this past year has gone by... My baby is 1!!! We had a mini party last night for her...




and TODAY... was the 1st day of school for my kids... Loch started 3rd Grade, Brae started 2nd grade and Ashlyn started Kindergarten... Ok so i thought I would be able to hold myself together but a few tears escaped as i looked at my kids are realized how fast time goes... They are growing up so fast...



I so love my family... My kids are my world... I love seeing them smile and hearing them laugh with eachother... It is fun to see them so excited to start this new year, anxious for all the new things to learn and the new adventures... I truely feel so blessed to be a mom...

5 comments:

The Farnsworth Family said...

I am glad you finally updated too! I already miss you muchos! Thanks for some seriously fun times!!! Talk to you soon.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Wow, Dawn- I'm so glad you've updated, too. I missed your bloggin! Oh, and ok- I was not suprised to hear you say you shed a few tears, but then I started to look at the pictures and got all choked up! Your kids are so cute, and I can only imagine what it must have felt like to see them all grown up and going to school.

Jennifer said...

Quite the whirl wind! You guys have been busy. Glad to see your back on the blogg-n wagon ;)

Emily R said...

glad you finally updated!!! love all the pics!!! we miss you! charity has been looking over my shoulder and telling me all about loch, brae and ash as we have looked through all these pics. they are so cute! happy bday irelyn!!! wish we lived closer! (do you think you will ever move to tx???)

Lydia said...

I too am so glad to finally see an update! love the pics...i belive there are some that still need to be emailed to me...oh yeah and MAILED to me too! love ya anyhow