Wednesday, August 15, 2007

AAAhhhh.... I love motherhood....

OK so my kids seem to be sick A LOT!!! Esp Irelyn I don't even know how many ear infections and days of diareah we have had since she was born... but this morning / afternoon i realized how being a mom means you have got to get over all those things that gross you out... So Irelyn sick like usual... begins puking on me this morning.. oh it was just the slimy kind from having a really runny nose.. so it was clear, thick and yes gross.. but it is over my shoulder... some running down the front of me and most of it running down the back of me and hitting thank goodness the kitchen floor... So i proceed to the bathroom to go clean up.. well.. she starts puking more.. i am able to hold her more over my shoulder so it hits mostly the bathroom floor and my shoulder still... So i am standing there... humm... how exactly do you take off your shirt without spreading the nasty puke all over my face and hair... yet still try to comfort my baby who obviously isn't feeling good. well... i eventually get her bathed and cleaned up and go put her in her bed for a nap.. and ahhhh.... i hear her screaming.. and this is what i find in her bed... now i know i am not the only one who has had to clean up puke after puke and diareah after diareah... it is just what comes when you are a mom.... but i hope my kids know how much i love them

8 comments:

The Farnsworth Family said...

Dawn that is the saddest picture. So glad it isn't a scratch and sniff picture. I can only imagine. You are such a good mom! One of the ways we learn to love our children even more is wiping their bums, cleaning up their throw up and wiping their noses right? I hope she is feeling better soon. Love you...

Lydia said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about this on the phone today! but OH had sad, but I can't help but laugh as well. Seriously what is up with your family??? Someone is always sick! Give poor Irelyn hugs and kisses for us

Natalie Hall said...

I guess the saying (The more you serve the person, the more you grow to love them)could that not be more right on. Dawn I am sooooooooo sorry. That poor little thing is always sick. And you are an incredible mother. I am thinking of you, hang in there.

Jennifer said...

Oh....the saddest picture ever! So sorry Dawn. Sick kiddos is no fun. Hang in there you're doing great.
p.s. how did you stand to take that picture without losing your own lunch? Yikes that would have been enough to send me into the vomit spin.

Emily R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily R said...

so sad... so funny!! i think we have all been there... i especially relate to those times when you wonder how you will get your shirt off w/out getting it all in your face/hair... i always just feel like, OK, HOW DO I EVEN START CLEANING THIS UP?????

The Holyoaks said...

Poor thing! I'm not sure how I will handle this when it happens. Macy is still "spitting up" a little here and there after a bottle but no major pukes yet. Poor litte girl - I hope she's feeling better by now.

Marlon & Koya Simpson said...

dang dawn I have to say this one is pretty gross and on top of that your baby is crying and you are taking a pic!! I have sooo much to look forward to! Miss you