Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rock N Roll ANYONE???

How many runners are out there??? Anyone else looking for something to get them excited about. I am DYING to do a Marathon. I know it will be LONG, MISSERABLE, and PAINFUL... BUT... I WANT IT!!! I want to be able to say "I ran 26 miles", I can almost feel the burning in my thighs thinking about it (or maybe it is just the 3.5 miles I ran this morning or all the dang lunges or squats from the PUMP class) OK so I have been wanting to have something to work towards and I found the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 1st. Register before April 18th and it is only $100. I thought it would be fun to get a group together to suffer and have the fun together. It will be a SUPER FUN WEEKEND. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE If you are like me and just need to be pushed a little... Lets start a running group. Long runs on Saturdays 10, 12, miles to start. I don't even care what my time is for the Marathon. I JUST WANT TO DO IT... AND FINISH!!!!
There is also another Rock N Roll Marathon (and 1/2 Marathon) in San Antonio, TX on November 16 , 2008

This can be you.

5 comments:

sarah said...

you're crazy, girl. skinny, yes. but crazy too.

Lydia said...

maybe the 1/2 marathon in tx...and i like the idea of an early thanksgiving.

Kristen said...

Hey Dawn -
I'm going to be running in the NYC marathon in November -- running to raise money for Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC in honor of my brother! Good luck with this marathon. Running is so addictive!
:)
Kristen

Emily R said...

i could prob do the one in san antonio... but do i even have the motivation??? prob not...

The Farnsworth Family said...

You go girl! I am so excited for you to do this and have you be the one in the pic... although I think the person who took that was in a helicopter so good luck on that one, but nonetheless you motivate all of us lazy bums! Happy running!