Friday, March 7, 2008

Running

OK Natalie... Just went to the website for PAT'S RUN on April 19th looks like a fun 4.2 mile run starting at 7:00 AM. I have 13 miles to run that day Hopefully splitting it up then running later wont screw me up for the marathon training. Plus it is only $30 to register (before 4/13). Oh and kids under 12 RACE FREE for the 1/2 mile race.

How fun would the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon be. Aug 31st. Talk about a FUN family weekend. there is a 5K run on the 30th for those scared of the 13 miles.

I found a list of all the upcoming races in AZ on the Arizona Road Racers Website . . . If Anyone is interested in doing ANY of them... I will totally sign up too. I am looking for longer runs for the weekends at least 10-20 miles over the next few months (June 1st is only 85 days away)

YES... Running has become a new obsession!!!! call me CRAZY but I am loving being outside feeling the burn in my legs, pacing my breathing and thinking about the FINISH LINE.

6 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

I love Pats run. We have done it every year (well last year I didn't run...Lance was 2 weeks old!). We need to get signed up for it again! Look for us...Paul running, me pushing a stroller with three kids in it- wont be hard to miss

Jennifer said...

That's awesome Dawn! Honestly, it is the coolest experience to cross the finish line after running 26.2 miles! Good for you. I've been wanting to do the Rock-n-Roll for awhile. I've heard great things about it too. My friends did the Disney 1/2 last year and said it was a blast. Let's get all our families together for a Eliason/Allen reunion at Disneyland that week. Let's start planning!

Lydia said...

yes your are one crazy chica, but i still love ya!

Natalie Hall said...

I am sooooooooooo proud of you!!!
Run Forest run......

V Family said...

Hello Dawn Howey, wanted to make sure I replied to your 5 month old message...sorry, it was fun to hear from you. My wife, under the encouragement of her family, is now working on our blog, it appears we are joining the revolution, great way to share life. What beautiful kids. As for the run, Pat's run is on my plans, maybe I'll see you there. Happy running. Cisco

Selia said...

way to go girl! I'll be the cheering from the sidelines, since I can't keep up :)