Friday, May 28, 2010

Teacher Gifts

Wilson Elementary has been our family's HOME away from HOME for many years now. Through the years we have been blessed with SO MANY wonderful, amazing, loving teachers. This year however was the LAST YEAR my children will be attending Wilson... We made the decision to attend Zaharis Elementary School next year. It is a bit further away, and has quite a different philosophy about teaching and the whole education process. One that I believe will benefit Loch, Brae and Ash immensely. So as we said goodbye to the teachers this year it was sad for many reasons. We will no longer see the smiling staff that have been so kind to us, we will no longer see the hallways or breezeways, the library and the artwork.... The dozens of children that so kindly run up to give me hugs with excitement when I walk through. While we look forward to the new memories, new friends, new kind teachers and staff... we said goodbye to a wonderful school...
The children made these Adorable flower pots for their teachers. Each one using their own creativity picking their pieces of paper that fit their personality, typing up teachers popular sayings, hand writing notes,

This was a fun project and I hope that the teachers loved them as much as I did when they were finished.
Here is the poem I put on the front of the card.

Like a SEED
planted in the soil
I have needed patience,
nurturing and toil.

YOU as my teacher,
A job done well
Have helped me grow
Anyone can surely tell.

Now these too
will grow and bloom
Hope you’ll think of me
I will come and see you soon.