Friday, May 2, 2008

Nervous

So Tomorrow Morning I am going to do something that I have been dreading for a while. . .

I have done the 16 mile route, and MAN that was long (it only took 2 hours and 40 min), but I came home with a stress fracture on my left foot.

But I just mapped out the 18 mile route I will be running. For some reason this one scares me. I know if I can do this, I CAN do the marathon. 16 miles didn't sound as far as 18. I am so NERVOUS.

So Tomorrow Morning while you are snug in your bed at 4:30 in the morning I will be headed off on my run. I am hoping to be finished before 8 in the morning. If any of you are OUT along that route... Honk and Cheer us on... Are you Ready Tiffany, Anna and Laura. Ready or not 18 Miles HERE WE COME!!!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

BRING IT ON!!! But if you're driving by stop and pick me up!!!

Laura Fuller said...

This makes me nervous too and I don't even plan on going the whole way! You should tell yourself you are only going 16; once you out there you have to get home.
P.S. i'm still not fully committed for tomorrow!

Sarah Mickalson said...

You'll do great!

Emily R said...

WOW!!! good job! i am amazed. hope you recover well. take a good long break and stay healthy! thanks for inspiring me! (although, i will prob not increase past 5 miles!!)

Natalie Hall said...

You all rock!!!!!!!!! So incredible! A marathon will be a walk in the park.

I guess I need to get out there and do a marathon with what I ate today. I did confess on your Hungry Housewives blog, so then doesn't that take all of the calories away...

Anonymous said...

You girls are awesome! The marathon will be a breeze for you. I love your new "confessions" blog. So fun! I think I'll be visiting it often!

Jennifer said...

Dawn you are amazing! So how did the 18 miles go??? Hope you are taking a little break. Just reading your day in the life exhausted me! Don't know how you do it all. See ya soon!!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Okay I seriously posted something yesterday and it is not on here!!! I said that I got tired just reading about your run. Thanks for reassuring me that I am a lazy bum. Ha ha! BTW how is this for a confession.... for lunch yesterday I had a corn dog and a nutty bar. I know... what have I done with Stephanie?