Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friends & PF Changs

Several months ago I met my friend Stacey online.. Yes she knew Chad growing up, but moved away many years ago... With lots of emails and blog checking over the next several months we find out how much we have in common and I find out what an amazing person she is. Stacey decided to come down to AZ to visit her parents and run her 9th Marathon the weekend of her birthday. I FINALLY got to meet my friend Stacey and her sister Sarah at the movies last Friday night. We saw BRIDE WARS. Later that night Sarah and Stacey came over and it was so much fun to hang out with NEW FRIENDS that I felt like were my own sisters and like I have known for ever. I must say SUPERWOMAN.. She ran the FULL marathon in 3 hours and 43 min. It was her 9th one and the 2nd time she qualified for the BOSTON Marathon. Stacey is AMAZING..



It was not the FULL marathon I wanted to do, but after having a stress fracture I was glad I could do the 1/2 marathon last week.


PreRace
Jessica, Jen, Me, Amy and Rob

We had fun before the start there were 34,000 runners and we saw some funny things including 2 bumble bees and a guy shaving his nipples 5 min before starting.
At the finish line I was able to meet up with friends like Cassie Vennard

And Amy VanGieson.
But sorry girls... This is the guy I was most excited to see.. I love you Chad and I am so grateful for all the support you give me. Letting me go out for HOURS at a time to run almost every day.
And for wrestling with the 4 kids for several hours so you could all be there at the finish line.
I really love my family. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

7 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

Yeah your posting again!! I love the pictures. Ok you look way to good to have just run 13 miles. sorry I missed you guys this morning; couldn't get a sitter. cade should be home by next weekend. I may just have the kids spend the night at my in-laws so I can do the london's run. I won't register until that morning though

Afton said...

You are an amazing woman! Your kids are so grown up! Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. (and happy to see an update!)
;)

Sarah Mickalson said...

SO proud of you Dawn! i could never do what you do! You are truly AMAZING and an inspiration!

Stacey said...

Dawn, between you and Lori I'm feeling pretty good about myself! And I agree with Laura.... you don't look like you just ran 13 miles. I looked and smelled pretty sweaty! I can't believe we stayed over till midnight chatting it up.... and could have gone on even longer if I hadn't felt guilty about keeping you guys awake! My sleep deprivation has caught up to me. I went to bed last night at 9:00!
Well....until next year, unless we should happen to score a deal on tickets and bring the kids for a sunny week retreat to Papa and Annie's winter resort!
You breaking all caffience is equal to me getting off nighttime sugar fixes. Easier said than done, but I'm trying starting tomorrow :>

Jennifer said...

What fun! Seriously Dawn I look at you and I think... teenager! you always look like it's a party and you don't look a day over 18 either! I feel like an old lady these days...oh wait I am an old lady!

The Burkinshaws said...

Hey, I need your address please....

janaeburkinshaw@hotmail.com

Byron said...

You are amazing! How do you find the time????